Now is the time to being living more naturally and reach for your higher level of wellness.
Everything we feel and do relates to our well-being and directly affects our actions and emotions. In order to subdue stress, reduce illness, and ensure positive moments in your life, you must achieve optimal wellness.
And for us, using doTERRA natural products and essential oils are the answer! Our family has been using them for almost 4 years and they are an integral part of our health care. And sharing our experiences is what I love to do.
Why Natural Products and Essential Oils? Why doTERRA?
If you’re buying essential oils, it means you want something completely natural and safe. You want to be sure you are buying pure essential oils; not synthetic or adulterated. Purity is the key to knowing essential oils are safe and effective. When you use the purest essential oils, you can be confident that they are safe to use with your family.
So, how do you know your essential oils are pure? The following precautions ensure the quality of an essential oil / product — and doTERRA does all of these.
• Sustainable and responsible sourcing (Where do their oils come from?)
• Extensive and thorough testing (Do they test their oils for adulteration and contamination?)
• Clear and accessible safety and usage information (Do they show customers how to use the oils safely?)
• Transparency (Do they use third-party testing? Do they make test results public?)
Three ways to use essential oils:
Essential Oil Safety Guidelines
1. Avoid applying oils to sensitive areas like the nose, ears, eyes, or broken skin. Avoid using “hot oils” on the face.*
2. Always read labels and package instructions before using an essential oil for the first time. Pure essential oils are very potent. Use smaller amounts and dilute for best results.
3. Use dilution to minimize skin sensitivity. Dilute more for babies, children, pregnant women and the elderly.
4. Be aware of oils with sun sensitivity warnings.
5. Practice safe storage—keep oils out of reach of children.
6. Always supervise young children when applying essential oils.
7. If you have specific health concerns, talk to a healthcare professional before trying essential oils.
8. Use only glass or stainless steel containers when adding oils to drinks.
*Hot oils or strong oils include Cassia oil, Cinnamon Bark oil, Clove oil, Oregano oil, Thyme oil, and others.
Learn more about best practices for essential oils here: